miercuri, 3 aprilie 2013

Walcott craves silverware with Arsenal

theo-walcottTheo Walcott would swap all of his personal accolades for a trophy with Arsenal.


The 24-year-old has become an increasingly important member of Arsene Wenger's squad this season, scoring more goals and providing more assists than ever before.


Walcott penned a new long-term contract at the Emirates Stadium in January and earlier this month racked up his 250th appearance for the club against Sunderland.


However, the England international would give up such personal achievements for club glory, with Arsenal's trophyless spell soon to reach an eighth year.


"I would personally take all of [my] appearances away to win something at this club," Walcott told Arsenal Player.


"Some people may think I'm mad but I think I'm not selfish. I like to think for the club and the fans.


"Appearances are great but winning things means more. Hopefully next season, when I hopefully reach 300 appearances, there will be a trophy on the end of that. That's the biggest target.


"I'm very proud of that [reaching 250 appearances]. I've worked hard through all the lows and the highs. This season especially, there have been a lot of highs. It's a nice positive.


"I don't want it to stop there. I want to continue to play and get back fit soon. It's a fantastic achievement and I'm very happy.


"I've definitely matured as a player. I've always been the same sort of person off the pitch. I've always got time for people. I think at times, the players might look for something to come from nowhere and at times that's maybe [up to] me or the likes of Jack [Wilshere].


"This season has been my best goalscoring and assist-making season. I can see why people may think that now. That's been the biggest step for me.


"The assists are something I'm very proud of. A lot of those come from the wing as well. An assist is just as important as getting a goal."






http://www.ukbettips.co.uk/images/theo-walcott.jpg via today's-betting-football-news http://www.ukbettips.co.uk/football-betting-news/4581-walcott-craves-silverware-with-arsenal.html

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu