vineri, 3 mai 2013

Walcott wants striking role

walcottTheo Walcott is hopeful he will occupy his preferred central striker's role between now and the end of the season and score the goals to help Arsenal secure a top four place.


The 24-year-old has spent much of his career as a winger but has been vocal in his desire to play up front in recent months.


Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has deployed the England man in that position on several occasions this campaign, with Walcott rewarding him with 19 goals in all competitions.


Wenger will be without striker Olivier Giroud for this Saturday's trip to QPR as he continues his three-match suspension.


That means the Frenchman must decide between Walcott and Lukas Podolski for the striking position against Harry Redknapp's side, with the club desperate for a win to stay ahead of Tottenham Hotspur in the race for a UEFA Champions League place.


Germany international Podolski led the line against Manchester United last time out but Walcott, who opened the scoring against the Red Devils, hopes he has done enough to earn a starting spot in an attacking role for the season run-in.


"I played a few games there and I would like a few more towards the end of the season," he told Arsenal's official matchday programme.


"I scored a lot of my goals this season when playing up front, so I have shown what I can do and it is up to the manager to do what he sees is best. I am sure another chance will come.


"I set a 20-goal target for the season, but the biggest goal for me is to help Arsenal finish third or fourth."






http://www.ukbettips.co.uk/images/walcott.jpg via today's-betting-football-news http://www.ukbettips.co.uk/football-betting-news/4698-walcott-wants-striking-role.html

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu