duminică, 24 martie 2013

Lampard delight at landmark

Jermain Defoe wants a starting spot for England.


jermain-defoeFrank Lampard has spoken of his immense pride, after his strike in the 8-0 victory over San Marino earned him the accolade as England's highest-scoring midfielder.


The 34-year-old, who is now just five caps away from his 100th appearance for his country, netted the 28th international goal of his career in the World Cup qualifier, and in doing so moved himself ahead of David Platt on the all-time midfielder scoring list.

Speaking on the landmark, Lampard said: "It feels very good to be England's highest midfield goalscorer. I'm very proud of that achievement.

"All my career, I've looked to score goals. It was great to be up there with the likes of the Bryan Robson's and the David Platt's.

"Now I am above them and it was also an honour as always to wear the armband for your country.

"Stevie (Gerrard) will be back on Tuesday (in Tuesday's match against Montenegro) so he will take it, but I am really pleased with how I played," added Lampard, who this week also netted his 200th goal for Chelsea.

Also on the mark twice in the win was Jermain Defoe, and the Tottenham hitman said he was hoping his performance had given him a chance of a starting spot against Montenegro.

"Have I helped my chances of playing Tuesday? As a forward you want to play and get your goals and I got my chances and managed to score two goals," said the 30-year-old.

"I've always been the same - when you get given an opportunity, you've got to take it and grab it with both hands.

"I don't know what is happening on Tuesday - but if selected I'll be ready."

England are rated as 1.75 to claim the win over Montenegro, with the hosts 4.75.

Don't forget all of the fantastic markets, including In-Play betting, can be accessed on your mobile phone with the new and improved Mobile at bet365.






http://www.ukbettips.co.uk/images/stories/Joomla/StiriRSS/jermain-defoe.jpg via today's-betting-football-news http://www.ukbettips.co.uk/football-betting-news/4526-lampard-delight-at-landmark.html

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu